Removing/replacing pushbutton switches on CAPI VP series modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dissonantdissident

Hey there,

I've got one channel of VP25 that has had a loud pop, whenever two of the three DPDT switches are used. Tried reflowing solder, etc,  but no luck with reducing the amount of noise. Ordered some new switches from Jeff and am going to try replacing them, with the hope that I somehow damaged the original ones, during installation.

Just seeing if anybody's had to do this repair, before, and if they have tips on the best way to remove the current switches.

Thanks!

I had a friend that had a popping issue on his cape too. On his, it would pop when flipping the phase switch. Then be distorted once its flipped. To me it sounded more like it was an issue with something else. But take that with a grain of salt. As far as de-soldering, The best is to have a de-soldering iron so you can easily suck it out. A cheaper way to go about it is just to have some de soldering braid to use that to suck up all the old solder. Or you could snag a solder sucker from your local radio shack. One note. is not to put too much heat on the pub, cause you could pull the pads off the pub. If you're having trouble heating it back up, just add extra solder to the joint and it will help heat it up faster.

Latest posts

Back