Repairing Old Sennheiser MKH 110

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

I have a couple of ancient Sennheiser MKH 110 mics. One of them recently came back from a loan not working. I suspect it was plugged directly into a P48 supply instead of via the 8 V PSU I had provided with it. I sent it to Sennheiser in Germany but it was returned without repair, "parts not available".

Does anyone have a circuit diagram with component identification for the MKH 110? And also service and tuning instructions?

Thanks, Ruud. That's more than I had before. Now to see if I can find some Ge transistors.

I remember my first electronics kit, sometime before 1969, had three AC126 (I think) transistors.

The famous Philips EE20 electronics kit? As far as I remember it had 2 x AC126 and an (expensive!) AF116.
Good memories...

Attachments

• EE20.jpg
    EE20.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13
No, it was a child's 'walkie-talkie' set: two handsets connected by thin blue wire. Most of the electronics was in one handset, point-to-point wired to screw terminals, simple enough for a 10-year old (me) to assemble but not so simple for my brother (18 months younger) :)

Could it have been Philips? I really can't remember. I do remember my brother grumbling that one half was too complicated for him and the other half had too few bits (only a loudspeaker, a transformer, a push-to-speak switch and maybe a couple of resistors; not even batteries).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back