RF interference stories

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

"I tuned one of my transmitters to the audio side band of the local TV station that some kids were watching in their lounge in the house next door and started to talk to them in a deep voice telling them “this is God speaking” - they called their parents in to hear “God” but as soon as they came into the room I stopped, as soon as the parents walked out I started again. We were in our lounge peeking over the windowsill in darkness so they couldn’t see us."

That was from @RoadrunnerOZ

Must have been long before the transistion to digital TV. Hmmmmm.....and analog TV audio was FM modulation.

I remember visiting my cousins place as a kid , he was handy with radio electronics ,
he found a way to retune a small transistor radio to pick up the next door neighbours FM baby monitor , On school mornings there was ructions in the camp next door and we'd be rolling round the floor laughing at the goings on .

Another time we cobbled together wires ,spark plugs, batteries and other electronic odds and ends , told the other kids we had invented a death ray , the appearance of our fake gadget was enough to clear the neigbourhood ,sent them all running home to their mommies in a panic :p

Latest posts

Back