RIP Joe Neil (Bruno2000)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot

Just noticed today on FB that our friend and huge contributor of this forum, Joe Neil, known to most of us here under the name Bruno2000 passed away. It was few weeks ago but strangely it hasn't been posted here yet.

I got to know him through his infinite generosity when helping me finish some projects. He was kind enough to help even by sending few bits and pieces to a fellow on the other side of the planet since I had no way to buy those in my country.

Thank you Joe for all the good work you have done for this community

I hope you're somewhere better now!

cheers friend!

:(

Joe was a great supporter and very patient with my questions on the development of a VU meter board that I was developing.
I sent a few units to him to try out in his lab, his feedback was very constructive, and at the end of things, he even sent back the PCB's to me! (last thing I was expecting to be honest).

I'll miss his generosity, and his way of explaining without being condescending or aloof.

I'm sure many folks here have longer histories with him, and far more adventurous stories, but to me he was a patient adviser and a friend.

From what I've seen, his passing came as a shock to all involved, and was very sudden.

RIP Joe. Thanks for the time and the advice.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obituary.aspx?n=joseph-f-neil&pid=188613421&fhid=5288

Good contributor Bruno2000, measured, thoughtful and well meaning ,bless you Joe

Very sad to hear this.  I bought an Audio Precision from Joe some years back and he was such a pleasure to deal with.  His posts here were always great. 

A good reminder to be kind to one another.

All the great guys here dole out knowledge like its going out of fashion ,cause it is ,still works gem though

Wow, that's sad. I had PM'd Joe it seemed not that long ago, as he was a great contributor on the Pye project. He had also sent me some clips of his TG unit. I think he said to me that he would be away for a while, as he wife was sick at the time. Super nice guy. Rest in peace Joe.

I heard about his passing a couple of days ago but, because I only knew him slightly I told Evan rather than post here. He often contributed insightful answers to my questions. Often short but always useful. I am of an age when former work colleagues are beginning to pass and now it has happened here. Boy do I feel mortal. RIP Joe.

Ian

Oh No!  We love you Joe!

You were always friendly and kind, and I will get that darn Pye compressor figured out if it's the last thing i do!

Thanks for everything!  cj

Very sad to hear the news. Deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

Back