RIP MartyMart

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[silent:arts]

Always sad a GDIY member passes away,
this time it was a good friend of mine.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2014/05/24/martin-lister-alphaville-keyboardist-dies/

What?! Man, Marty was always a great energy on the board and it's a testament to his energy and vitality that I always assumed he was in his thirties.

Very sad news.

RIP^2

I met Martin a couple decades ago when he was working as a keyboard rep for Peavey UK... I got to spend some time with him working the booth at several Frankfurt Musik Messes and on work visits to Corby. I even spent some time on the road visiting UK dealers with Peavey reps one year.

He was good people and I'm sure leaves behind many friends. 

JR

Very sad news.
Although I didn't know him well, the few interactions I had with him were always pleasant.
My sympathies to his friends and family...

This is awful news.

I chatted with him quite a bit over private message, and it turned out that we were the same age, and both lived in the same Liverpool area suburb.
We had hoped to meet up and reminisce in person, but I think we once missed each other by about a week at a Group DIY beer-necking meetup in London... I never imagined that it wouldn't happen.

He was a grand fella, from all accounts.

Oh no!!! We had a very nice meeting in Berlin and lots of nice chats via Internet. His beautiful hymn "Forever young" was my favorite song when I was young. Very sad!
Bernd

Latest posts

Back