Rode NT2 (old version) Q1 transistor identification

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscarvelour

Hi all,

Got an old version of the Rode NT2 which I’ve swapped the capsule on as the original was destroyed by the previous owner’s vaping habit… anyway, the output signal sounds fine now that I’ve swapped the capsule other than being very weak.

Noticed that transistor Q1 was bent over and one leg snapped off, I don’t think this was me but hey ho, easy enough to replace. I just need to figure out what to replace it with. Ive googled the markings but not found anything conclusive. Also tried to find circuit diagrams but with there being a few versions of the NT2 I can’t tell which is correct.

Tldr; I’ve attached pictures of a broken transistor I’d love help identifying. It’s Q1 on the Rode NT2 (old version, but not the earlier version with the transformers). The markings are:

C2547
E
7 A 4

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7374.jpeg
    IMG_7374.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7376.jpeg
    IMG_7376.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I haven't noticed any shielding issues, although I haven't had a chance to try it out properly since it came to me in a non functional state. Is it a known issue? Any way to fix it?

Thank you for the heads up! Once I get the new transistor in and I hear it properly I'll figure out if it needs something for the noise

Latest posts

Back