Scammer ALERT user “franklinbland”

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mypantsrblue

Hi I posted looking for modutec meters and was messaged by someone named franklinbland for 2 modutec meters.

He was sort of pushy but I chalked it up to being an audio engineer type…

I have since realized that the photos he sent me were from Google, and that his account is one day old. He has not replied to me about shipping etc. beware of this user. Mods, I can provide proof if you’d like to ban. I’m only out $100. But I won’t get it back because I sent it in a non refundable way. I tried to give the guy benefit of the doubt

i find this sort of hilarious because it took me and many other people here over a year to have our account approved here, yet you guys somehow approved someone who made an account Tuesday, so he could scam me on Wednesday. I don’t blame the forum or the admins, but that’s pretty silly innit….

I don’t fault the group or the mods. But seeing as how it took me and others months (in my case almost a year) to be approved, I didn’t think there was any chance someone could make an account instantly to scam a few day old post. Seemed not likely, given that experience.

thanks

I don’t fault the group or the mods. But seeing as how it took me and others months (in my case almost a year) to be approved, I didn’t think there was any chance someone could make an account instantly to scam a few day old post. Seemed not likely, given that experience.

thanks
long delays are ancient history, I approve multiple new members daily with almost no delay. Your logic assuming trustworthiness is not valid.

I will not share how we vet new members for obvious reasons, but our focus is mostly on spam and fraudulent post behavior. We don't police PMs or off list transactions.

CAVEAT EMPTOR... buyer beware.

Before sending money to anybody make an effort to know more about them... read their posts, and read how other people react to them.

JR

Latest posts

Back