Semrau EB068 unbalanced master out section _ HELP!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sebastian,

When electrolytics are used in standard opamp circuits where ca. 0V DC voltage difference is expected, their polarisation position are selected more or less randomly.

However, as we always have small AND random amounts of DC offset anyway (and this is why we put in coupling electrolytics in the first place), it can be good to actually MEASURE the polarity of DC offset across the electrolytics and orient them accordingly so that their life expectancy is greatly extended...

And if/when replacing opamps in the area, re-measure - and re-orient if needed.

Jakob E.

synthiaks said:
well that is cool!

so i guess i can forget the PM?

And by looking at the Info PDF i can see that i was wrong its P111/211 that is Threshold for the limiter. The P112/212 is
klirr/distortion

Maybe you should think about a full recap of the Semrau, this might not be the only bad cap.

S

hello there .. could you tell me what would be a good capacitor to replace the caps in the mixer  ..  now there are the blue phillips  brand but ive had to replace 8 of these ..

any thoughts ..

8)

hi all ..

Any good capacitors types/suggestions i should go with ?
There were the blue phillips ones in there before .. but i have to change eight of them already ..

thanks in advance.

I use Panasonic FCs when im picky. When im not picky i just make sure its not caps from any strange China manufacturer that have an "almost" legit name Like "Panananasonic" or "Nichchicon" Or any other unknown brand

Jakob:

Thank you for answering! I have to look into the theory of OP-amps in detail. But i have some chapters left about the FET before.

/S

Latest posts

Back