Show Me Your Bench

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
a bench is important, no bench, no diy, so how do you operate?

here is my setup, everything you need to butcher transformers and murder projects,

nut drivers, resistor benders, chassis punch on top of the fluke, hp osc from he*l that puts out 100 volts ac, (see the drawing board), some aircraft crimpers for $9.99 of evil bay,

optoelectronis freq counter with the red leds, winding machine on the right,

i built this in about two weekends, can't stand the normal bench, so i went to home repo and bought some kitchen counter for $37.50, and some yellow pine from china for $5.99, taps, knives, long drill bits, , scribe, center punch, de burrer, x acto, t handle allens, torx set, clamps, see the nice backing that keeps everything on the table?

that is a real armadillo skull from joel in tejas, i welded it to a wax armadillo from my sister.

ok, so show me your set up!

2cftd8w.jpg

winder with variac under table, is the counter big enough, sheesh! :D

23hukw4.jpg

nice lady rack hanging above your function generator !!

here's my messy workbench

thiz z whur all the magic happenz yo

DSC_0143.jpg

and of course the parts drawers

DSC_0139.jpg

aight!

now itz time to git outta ma crib yo

btw you're not allowed to clean up your mess before you take pictures (like cj obviously did)

well, i already had an award for the most messed up bench, i am trying to  be good now,

but  yeah, there are about ten real good bench threads already, so wtf, over?

like my buddy told me when i said,

"but there are just too many dang rock bands already..."

"well that just means there's room for one more, dang it.."

now thats the attitude , hey i have to upload this component box thing, like the other guy,

spent the whole day yesterday trying to get win98 and usb to get along without kodak imaging, a very tough and dangerous proposition at the least, requires hacking on the assembly level, no thanks, i like my computer!

seems the cam4you utillity does not like the powershot twain 6.6 software, a-10 ok,

Hey, i have that exact Fluke ! Sadly, i lost 3 segments of the last digit when it dropped on the floor....wish i could get a spare LCD. Needs new batteries, too.

Nice bench, BTW !

Silvas said:
Hey, i have that exact Fluke ! Sadly, i lost 3 segments of the last digit when it dropped on the floor....wish i could get a spare LCD. Needs new batteries, too.

Nice bench, BTW !

Is your LCD actually broken? If not, you could try taking the fluke appart and cleaning the lcd + conductive strips with alcohol or contact cleaner which leaves no grease...

Yo CJ, you was that bloke who was puttin pin up pictures on trannies right?
There sure must be some left on your wall....out of camara reach probably...but HE , love that Fairchild pic just the same right?

radiance said:
Silvas said:

Nice bench, BTW !

Is your LCD actually broken? If not, you could try taking the fluke appart and cleaning the lcd + conductive strips with alcohol or contact cleaner which leaves no grease...

Yes...3 contacts on the glass are broken... :( :( :(

your lucky you don't have the phosflorescent model with a bad display,  ???

ordering the wrong parts or walking to the stockroom  is always a bummer,

so you open the door to your left, and Bam!, parts o plenty, in your face:

(did you see the bobbins under the table?)

120gq60.jpg

what is up with the tube caddy / office chair?

talk about having tubes up the ying - yang,  :D

sm91sx.jpg

CJ said:
a bench is important, no bench, no diy, so how do you operate?

Dude, those "nut-drivers" at the top right look like sex toys.

I'll grab a photo of my bench when I'm next working.

you know every volume control in the frickin world takes a 9/16 inch nut driver,

so what do we have available? everything up to 1/2 inch of course,

gotta get me a Kleintools black  rubber handled 9/16, are you listening?

CJ,

I have the same old metal power strip in my studio!
Mine is as old as yours must be and came with me from Anaheim where is served for years in my Dad's paneling shop before I "inherited" it to power my amp and fx as a kid.

My dad 'prolly got it from Sears.

that power strip just wont quit, the neon started flickering 20 yrs ago, now no more,

i think the guy who maybe it must have been on crack, takes a lickin...

i think it was fro the rat shack, or maybe Ace Hardware, like 1643?

Latest posts

Back