Sinead O Connor Rip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

The sad news of Sinead O Connors death was anounced last night ,
Artist ,activist ,fearless fighter yet vulnerable at the same time ,
She voiced the words many couldnt bring themselves to say ,

R.I.P.
I am not familiar with her work outside the hit written by Prince. I do approve of how she voiced her conviction.
I’ll have to go back and check her work.

She covered a wide range of styles in her career ,
Many great collaborations with other musicians along the way as well as film/soundtrack gigs,
She started out more a new wave/punk artist but she also did reggae ,techo ,gospel ,world music ,classical and opera projects over the years .
She also did amazing renditions all the favourite Irish folk/trad tunes adding in her trade mark emotionality .

The nation is in mourning over the loss of our Sinéad ,
Her irresistable charm ,wit, inteligence and spirit wont be forgotten ,
Saint maybe not , legend definately.

Below is a solo performance from national television

Heres a link to the John Creedon show dedicated to the music of Sinéad O Connor ,
https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/11550457/

Last edited:
R.I.P.
I am not familiar with her work outside the hit written by Prince. I do approve of how she voiced her conviction.
I’ll have to go back and check her work.
First record is great, good songs and it's all in the track sequencing, a skill lost in the "listen to 10 sec each of 100 mp3's" ADHD these days.
RIP.
Mike

Political leaders might be afforded the state funeral ,a 21 gun salut , jets flying over etc ,
The public expression of grief over Sinéad's death shows the deep regard for her and surpasses any Irish public figure in my living memory .
Even now over 30 years on from when the skinhead girl in a dress and Dr Martin boots tore up the picture of the pope, were only just starting to sort through what was actually going on in the mother and baby homes , and were nowhere near the full truth yet either .

Latest posts

Back