Single Channel G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netcastle

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have scoured its pages for weeks looking for the right preamp design. I need something that will sound good with the bass guitar but also work as a vocal mic pre. The G9 looks just right. I just have a few questions and was hoping that some of you could help me answer them.

1) I only need 1 channel. Is their a PCB layout for a single channel version?

2) Where can I get OEP's? It doesn't look as though supply of these is readily accessible in the US without significant lead time. Is there a US made trafo that will work, like a Jensen or a Cinemag?

3) What are my options for the metalwork? If I put together only one channel, I only want to use a half rack configuration so I can preserve the other half for a future project .

Tim

And No, there's no single-channel pcb available. Use a dual-channel pcb, and stuff just one side. A half-rack enclosure is not recommended, as it places the power transformer too close to the audio transformers. We need the isolation-of-distance..

Jakob E.

Welcome in the lab :grin:

you can get OEPs, Lundahls and others from
http://www.canford.co.uk/

The PCB from gustav contains two channels. If you only want one the leave one channel undone. (But I´m shure you´d be lucky if you had done both channels - bassplaying and singing at one time or bass DI and miked bassrigg for example)

If it comes to metalwork it´s pain in the arse for me. When a unit is done I´m really glad if I never have to do any metalwork on it again. I rack it in the studio and let it do it´s work. I don´t want to unrack it again and start working it over.
just my 2 pfennig
:sam:
Jens

Latest posts

Back