Smart media impasse

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.O.

Hey, Ho!
I recently got a Digitech GNX3 guitar multi-effect device. It sounds really great, and has a truckload of features, one of them is a sound recorder/looper. The machine has a very limited internal memory, and an external memory slot for a "smart media" card. Smart Media is not an option as this kind of memory is not manufactured anymore, is limited to 128M and prices on the used market are insane. Ideal would be converting to SD card, but the interface is very different. nearest similar interface is XD card, but these cards are about extinct also, and it requires an adapter that is not cheap and makes for a fragile and flimsy setup.
I was thinking of changing the internal memory, but the adressing probably won't go above what's already in there. What I'm thinking is to hack the external memory circuit to install a "non-removable" external memory made of flash. This circuit uses: 8 data/address lines, cle, ALE, RE, WE and WP lines. Attached file contains schematic of memory section. Any expert advice?

Last edited:
looks like I'm having a hard time uploading the schematic snippet... stay tuned.
Ah, here it is:

Attachments

• GNX3 mem .jpg
    GNX3 mem .jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back