Softballs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott2000

At 18:20 an audience member asks about any new techniques Tchad is using...blahblahblah.... After talking a bit, the audience member asks "so, there's no new technique or product (paraphrasing) that you are using?" Tchad says no. Then, at the end of that talk, about 20:30 the next audience member asks about some binaural stuff and it leads into a plug for a product.... and Tchad points to the earlier audience member and says something to the effect of "oh, that's what you were talking about"

..... Maybe it's just paranoia but it sure seemed like a cheesy set up with the 2 audience members.... That kind of stuff happen in these places?

As John would say, caveat lector: I adore Tchad and have the utmost respect for him, so maybe I'm reading the situation with a certain amount of naïveté.

It seems like the first audience member was someone related to the product who was fishing for Tchad to mention the product, but the second was just someone asking about the translation of binaural recordings to stereo mixes. I know Tchad gets that kind of question constantly—people can't get past the whole "fishbowl" thing they both mention for some reason.

I don't think it was a two-man operation to get the product plugged, but I do believe the first guy was definitely doing his best to make sure the product at least got mentioned.

I guess my takeaway is that you're half-right; someone wanted attention for a product, and Tchad unwittingly—or so I hope—gave them what they wanted. I know he gets sent a ton of things to try, but I also know he buys the things he likes.

Tchad seems very real imo. love hearing him speak....

Almost seems he didn't pick up the signal to mention the product but the way that second guy sounded towards the end when he mentioned other VR fields the product would be good for, asking about the name of the manufacturer and the way he responded when he was shown the tee shirt seemed a bit impersonal to me as well. But idk.... Maybe these guys just aren't as big of fanboys or just playing it cool.

Latest posts

Back