• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold sold

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look pretty good for sure, shame there's no schematics or documentation around, makes racking hard.

Is theat E.M.I. Electronics Ltd the same Abbey Road EMI?

Thanks

Yep, the modules are labelled "Hayes, Middlesex" so that would be the Abbey Road EMI. A quick Google search suggests that these may have been part of the "Transicom studio intercommunications" (camera talkback?) system fitted in TV studios such as the Pantal Valley studio complex set up in Kuala Lumpur in 1968 (see page 32 of the link for details), so these would certainly date from before then.

I'm seeing what looks nine transistors on each board - the little red cans. Given the mid/late sixties provenance, possibly germanium?

If I didn't have so many projects already on hand, I'd be interested in these just to hear what they sound like!

Back