[Solved] Behringer B1 (Brazil) - is this a fake/counterfeit B1?!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we recorded guitars, all went well. Tested all 3 positions of the switch, all with perfect sound, no noise and no fade outs at all.

So in the end the mic stayed asleep for 5 years due to a bad solder from the xlr to the board!

And from what everyone said here, the mic doesn't seem to be fake, probably just one revision of the circuit.

I learned more about condenser mic behaviors thanks to the help from friends here. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
So in the end the mic stayed asleep for 5 years due to a bad solder from the xlr to the board!

Cool beans! Great news to hear it is working again. But, now that you have resuscitated it, ... will you have to give it back? J

Cool beans! Great news to hear it is working again. But, now that you have resuscitated it, ... will you have to give it back? J

For sure!!!

My friend said he was just reopening his home studio, he was really happy with the surprise! It was a pleasure to see the mic working again, that's what counts in this case :)

I have a long way to go in electronics yet, but with a lot of dedication I hope to reach the level of analyzing and fixing components...

The forum here will probably help a lot in this journey, glad to have joined here!

Back