Sony C800 ps (ac-mc800 non G) Shematics or Service manual?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktziavos

Hello there,
does anyone know where i can find ac-mc800 service manual. I am having an annoying ocean sound and i want to make a service on it. it will help if anyone knows how to pin the dummy load xlr because it is a little diffent from c800G(one pin less).
Thanks in advance.

Sorry 'G' variant , if you can post the service docs of the C800 all the better .

All passive smoothing , the power supplies differ in the fact that the heater is referenced to a positive voltage in the cathode follower supply . Large 220uf caps are used in the HT and it mentions allowing at least half an hour for the mic to stabilise before testing, . The heater supply also uses very large caps to filter out any extra noise .

All passive smoothing , the power supplies differ in the fact that the heater is referenced to a positive voltage in the cathode follower supply . Large 220uf caps are used in the HT and it mentions allowing at least half an hour for the mic to stabilise before testing, . The heater supply also uses very large caps to filter out any extra noise .
Thanks for the information. As it seems that you know the schematic. I am having an low end sound that resists after tube change. I left the unit for about an hour and tried to measure the big capacitors. In my case the 220uf and 10000uF. With the multimeter the 220 one seems ok but the big showing only some nF. I read at the schematic that is 2x10000uF (three pins) am i right? I can't find the same capacitor to test. Can i use two 10000uF 35V instead?

Back