Soundcraft 200 brown where are the left and right mix outputs on the input module board ???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomsud

Hello, my question is simple: I want to put 2 modules of a Soundcraft 200 brown (the first ones) in a 19-inch rack, I have the diagrams, but...but where the MIX outputs should be on the multiconnector there is nothing marked, and indeed no signal comes out ... the two output pins where the mix out is on the 200b go nowhere. There is not like in the 200b (which I put also in a rack) a MIX button! The question I ask myself is : how to connect the left and right MIX by input channel? And where these two signals come out of each input module... Nothing on the diagram to help me, can someone give me a clue, I quite like the sound of this old thing. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

Hello, my question is simple: I want to put 2 modules of a Soundcraft 200 brown (the first ones) in a 19-inch rack, I have the diagrams, but...but where the MIX outputs should be on the multiconnector there is nothing marked, and indeed no signal comes out ... the two output pins where the mix out is on the 200b go nowhere. There is not like in the 200b (which I put also in a rack) a MIX button! The question I ask myself is : how to connect the left and right MIX by input channel? And where these two signals come out of each input module... Nothing on the diagram to help me, can someone give me a clue, I quite like the sound of this old thing. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!
If it is the brown version with a separate plate for all the input and insert etc, and you don't use that , beware off the insert. And on the 200b schematic is clearly visible the L/R indication. Do you have the right schematic ?

Hello again from South of France, and thank you all for your answers! Sorry again for my post in French, because of my automatic translator. Well, I understood (finally) that on the 200 we mix trought the groups... (by the way what does IIRC mean?), so I connected the brown modules AUX pins 1 and 2 on two separate outputs... nothing... I then tried with the AUX 3 and 4 outputs... also nothing, switch signal pushed and buttons fully turned, well well... I have a good input signal, with a CD on the line in the clip LED does its job, so the sound comes in ! I'm thinking of two things Do I have to make the connection on the AUX outs or on the Buss outputs of the card ?... Or you may have to use the AUX cards that are on the master part section that don't fit in my 19-inch rack... According to the diagrams it should work like this whith the AUX or the Bus outs... I have a lot of 200 brown modules so I tried with several modules, same... no sound... The 200b stereo modules and the other 200b two mono parametric modules work very well on the MIX bus. I'm out of ideas...
For IJZERPRO, yes it is the brown version with a separate plate for all the input and insert. And I checked the inserts, I know that on the 200b the L/R outputs are on the diagram, however on the diagrams of the brown 200, there is nothing marked (I have attached the 200 diagrams below ).

Attachments

• Soundcraft 200 User Guide and schematics.pdf
    519.6 KB · Views: 1
  • rack mount 200 01.jpg
    rack mount 200 01.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 2
  • rack mount 200 02.jpg
    rack mount 200 02.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
If it is the brown version with a separate plate for all the input and insert etc, and you don't use that , beware off the insert. And on the 200b schematic is clearly visible the L/R indication. Do you have the right schematic ?
Do you think the insert jacks break the circuit? there is no bottom plate used, I enter the line in directly by soldering on the line in.

Attachments

• rack mount 200 03 in.jpg
    rack mount 200 03 in.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
with this wiring only the MIX out of the 200b modules work, no sound for the 200 brown modules

Attachments

• rack mount 200 wiring.jpg
    rack mount 200 wiring.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
It doesn't have the back plate with the XLRs and connection jacks, I'm connected directly to the module as in the photos I posted! the insert jack cannot block the signal because it is not connected!

Attachments

• rack mount 200 03 in.jpg
    rack mount 200 03 in.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
It doesn't have the back plate with the XLRs and connection jacks, I'm connected directly to the module as in the photos I posted! the insert jack cannot block the signal because it is not connected!
you don't understand the problem, connect the s(end) and r(eturn) together on the board , please.
this connection is normally made on the connector board.

yesssssssssssssssss of course, I hadn't thought of that... thank you and thank you again, I think the sun is too strong for me here in the south. France... and hit my head. Now it works perfectly.... .many thanks to you ijzerpro !

Latest posts

Back