Soundcraft Venue I Schematics and help would be really appreciated !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodyzeacraft

Hi. I am looking for Soundcraft Venue (not Venue II) schematics or diagram or whatever information to solve few problems.

I have 10xD213 (mono input) 7xD211 (stereo input) 2xD209 (group) and 1xD207 (master) modules. CPS 640/B Power supply.

EDIT : groups working ok now. Auxes and PFL don't. Removed/restored another mod and CR MON L/R now working thru the output card (don't know what is "TAPE L/R" because it's silent).

There is something wrong with one of the group modules related to the inserts (2 cards/modules) but it's ok when bypassed (jumper on "insert bypass"). When activated, inserts can send good audio output. Auxes 1&2 don't seem to work and the PFL isn't working (red PFL leds everywhere, but no individual monitoring nor vu-meter, ).

No matrix flat ribbon cable. One Tape/CR card outputs, but I don't understand how to use it (no CR/Tape potentiometer on my Venue modules). Groups inserts cards and CR/Tape cards are connected to groups modules D209 and main output module D207

If you can help me, I'll be the happiest man on earth, at least for a little while. Thanks in advance for documents, help, infos.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your precious help, jensenmann ! I will have to check those ribbon wires, I have already cleaned every socket I could see, but a triple check seems to be necessary. Contact cleaner helps to resuscitate that beast step by step, but it takes time. Regards.

My Venue 1 has got the same groups (2 groups modules for mine) and master than this Venue 2. I just don't understand why. Venues 2 are supposed to be loaded with different group modules (RS5153 and so on).

Soundcraft Venue 2.jpg

Last edited:
And I will have to check the blue switches on the group modules, maybe they are not in the proper position (1/2 might be off/depressed, 3/4 might be on/pressed). I was given this mixer in a bad shape and not really working, there are lots of things I will have to clear out and some components to replace. PFL is working when the mixer is off for a while, but the PFL is slightly dying after few seconds. Could it be related to IC10 ? Sorry, too many questions. Thanks again for any help.

Okay, I came to the conclusion that my group modules have been modded and restored the output wiring to the original specs (my guessing) :

before :

20230220_093918_01.JPG

Groups now are acting like they are supposed to do. I understand that the blue switch is a terminator (think SCSI) so Group Inserts card -> Group module 1/2 (switch off/depressed) -> Group module 3/4 (switch on/pressed) :

20230220_101516_01.JPG

I am not an electronician, I walk baby steps on schematics and components. Thanks a lot, jensenmann, when you wrote about supposedly modded modules, light came in my head !

Latest posts

Back