Soundelux e47c

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you! Can you snap a photo of the print of the tube? I am really curious what we can see there! Is ist a EF814 or EF184?
For anyone interested, here is a close up image of the "EF814K" in my Soundelux E47C. I too haven't been able to find any information on this particular model. I can post more pics of the innards of the tube if anyone requests/wants it.

IMG_9217.JPGIMG_9218.JPG
IMG_9216.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9216.JPG
    IMG_9216.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
The Telefunken logo looks fake, my Telefunken tubes certainly look different and a quick web search showed no such logo print... the tube itself could be something like an ef184 or an ef86.
Fascinating!!! I too was thinking the logo looked fake, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm surprised Soundelux would go through the trouble of applying a fake Telefunken label?!?! If they're already removing the EF184 numeration, why not just put a Soundelux logo on there? Why print a fake Telefunken number?

For anyone interested, here is a close up image of the "EF814K" in my Soundelux E47C.
Thanks Skylux, very interesting. (y)
I can post more pics of the innards of the tube if anyone requests/wants it.
That would be a great help for our Sherlock Holmes story!:cool:

A photo of the pins of the tube from below would be interesting. Is there a diamond <> to be seen?
1000031148.jpg

A close up photo of the upper, inner part of the tube might also help.
The Telefunken logo looks fake, my Telefunken tubes certainly look different and a quick web search showed no such logo print...
+1, looks really fake. Here are real EF800 to compare. 1000031149.jpg1000031150.jpg
the tube itself could be something like an ef184 or an ef86
I bet member @TLRT is right, this is a relabled EF184. EF86 are smaller.
Fascinating!!! I too was thinking the logo looked fake, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm surprised Soundelux would go through the trouble of applying a fake Telefunken label?!?!
To me, this also looks like that print was applied afterwards.
If they're already removing the EF184 numeration, why not just put a Soundelux logo on there? Why print a fake Telefunken number?
$$$!

Last edited:
I just love the "K" suffix ! What does it mean (except make someone believe it has been selected for low microphonics) ? Does crook take a K at the beginning ?

I bet member @TLRT is right, this is a relabled EF184. EF86 are smaller.

The EF814k captured by the camera does not at all resemble the EF184 in terms of dimensions and appearance of the metal body. It's just a rebranded EF800 to me. If the white inscription is firmly glued to the glass body, then it is definitely fake, IMO. With all the original TFK vaccum tubes I've ever had in my hands (and there were quite a few), the white markings come off very easily.

The EF814k captured by the camera does not at all resemble the EF184 in terms of dimensions and appearance of the metal body.
Yes, I took a closer look at the photo this afternoon and compared it with my EF800, they are very similar!

Then I took out my Telefunken EF184 and it does indeed look different, which is not surprising as it was actually produced by Siemens&Halske in Munich (so no <>diamond, rebranded). This tube is similar to the Valvo EF184 I still have.

1000031197.jpg
1000031198.jpg1000031199.jpg

Nevertheless, I seem to remember that I have also seen real Telefunken EF184s, which in turn are very similar to the EF800. The “EF814k” pictured above actually looks like an EF800, though.

With all the original TFK vaccum tubes I've ever had in my hands (and there were quite a few), the white markings come off very easily.
Unfortunately, that is very true. I can only confirm that.

Last edited:
The Telefunken logo looks fake, my Telefunken tubes certainly look different and a quick web search showed no such logo print...
Is this tube in the photo your tube? If so, does it have a diamond between the pins? The print also looks strange for a Telefunken tube. Does it have a Telefunken series code with a U or B at the beginning?

Is this tube in the photo your tube? If so, does it have a diamond between the pins? The print also looks strange for a Telefunken tube. Does it have a Telefunken series code with a U or B at the beginning?
No, it is a screenshot from somewhere, I own and use some ef184 from Philips that look very much like the ones with the mesh in your photo.

The EF814k captured by the camera does not at all resemble the EF184 in terms of dimensions and appearance of the metal body. It's just a rebranded EF800 to me. If the white inscription is firmly glued to the glass body, then it is definitely fake, IMO. With all the original TFK vaccum tubes I've ever had in my hands (and there were quite a few), the white markings come off very easily.
Yes you are right this tube looks standard TFK EF800 to me. Logo EF814k looks "faked".

Latest posts

Back