Sowter seems to be part of Carnhill group now...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your welcome.

We wanted to buy all the hand winding machines and a couple of the old normal winding machines to start winding our own but they wouldnt let us.
They ended up in a skip.

Transformers like 3575, 3705, 9575, 9063 etc(first page on the website).and the neve types that great river/stam audio have, I know of the top of my head but the designs have been sold to carnhill as part of our redundancy/payoff theres probably a clause to stop me winding them
My british to American is weak but I imagine a skip is a large rubbish bin?
Sad to hear that happened.
I have seen similar fates with equipment at large places all over Los Angeles.
Imagine a large film studio just tossing out a large analog desk because they were getting rid of it.
Late to comment but for that stuff I wouldn’t be above diving in when no one is looking and taking it away.
Sorry to hear that after the years you put in they treated you as such.
But keep your chin up. You have the know how, perhaps in time you can cobble together your own winding machines while using the current position to keep the lights on.

Lundahl, i'm worried they will finish like some other transformer manufacturers. In my culture CEO means troubles!
Ahh, thanks. I found this on LinkedIn:

💥New CEO at Lundahl Transformers💥

We are thrilled to share that Helena Pantzare is starting as new CEO at Lundahl Transformers. She has a background in technical management and product development in various industries.

Helena is ready to lead us into a future of continued innovation and excellence and to ensure that Lundahl Transformers remains the pinnacle of audio manufacturing worldwide. Per Lundahl will continue at Lundahl Transformers as a senior engineer and advisor.

Lundahl Transformers is proud to be a world-leading manufacturer of high-performance transformers for audio applications, with a team of about 25 dedicated individuals located in the quaint town of Norrtälje, just outside Stockholm, Sweden.🌏

Our owners Teqnion says this: ”With Helena's experience and background, we believe she is the right person to take over the helm of Lundahls. She has a drive and a personality that fits well within the company. Together with the staff and Per, she will continue to develop the business.”

Join us in welcoming Helena Pantzare to the Lundahl family as we continue to innovate and excel in the world of transformer manufacturing.🤩

End of quote.

I wouldn't necessarily worry too much - someone in-the-know recently told me that he has complete confidence in both Helena and the future plans for the company..

/Jakob E.

Back