Special shed design

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neowalla

Hey gang, I keep seeing this LDC kit microphone on Aliexpress and am tempted to buy it just to check it out. Maybe the body is worth the price of admission. I know it's not going to be at the level of a Microphone-Parts kit, Chunger kit, Dany's PCB's, etc. I have no idea what circuit it is. There are of course two things which set this kit apart from all other contenders: "Special shed design", and "10DB The crack up reduces the switch". Gotta be a winner methinks.
1set DIY Condenser Mircophone Circuit board accessories set with 34mm gold Capsulse

..isn't that (DKK1734, ~230usd) pretty expensive, considering that type of microphone usually sells for less than half of that..?

Or am I overlooking something obvious?

/Jakob E.

..isn't that (DKK1734, ~230usd) pretty expensive, considering that type of microphone usually sells for less than half of that..?

Or am I overlooking something obvious?

/Jakob E.
You know you're right. When you first click on the link, the price is $98.55CAD which seems pretty good until you realize the photo highlighted is just the circuit boards and parts. The entire kit is $262.31CAD. One of ALiexpress' little tricks there.

In looking more closely at the pictures, I have one of those mic bodies. I bought it as a sample from ALibaba. It is a good mic body. I think the sleeve is aluminum but it is thick and pretty substantial with a nice wrinkle finish black paint. The bottom screw-on piece is heavy and well machined, and the 2 layer headbasket is seemingly well made. I'm planning on building a G7 with it once I can get some PCB's made.

Latest posts

Back