STRANGE PARTS Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafafredd

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread specially for those "does anybody knows anything about this???" kind of questions. It may be a little messy at first, but keeps all that kind of mess in just one thread on the forum. So, if you have any partys that you don´t know anything about, just post a picture here.

Let me know if you agree with the idea.

But for now, let me start:

got hundreds of this thing with some opamps that I´ve bought. I don´t know why they sent me this little things. It´s really tiny!

pecinhas.jpg

I dream about someone comming and saying: "Hey, those are 2sk170BL transistors in a different package"... But I know, it´s only a dream... :sad:

Thanks Jakob. Nice link.

Looks like the only aplication is VHF preamplifier.

So, guys, let the strange parts come...

[quote author="gyraf"]http://www.marsport.demon.co.uk/smd/mainframe.htm[/quote]

Jakob,
I was going to look up that link today at work and forgot all about it...to explain this for the future, the link is to the SMD Codebook Website. Most SMD parts in the SOT-xx case (and some others) are marked with an alpha-numeric code. Using this website and a good magnifier, you can usually figure out what you have. I say usually because sometimes the same code is used for different part numbers. Sometimes a logo is present to give you a clue. This site has saved me from throwing out a few things before. :thumb: HTH!

Peace!
Charlie

So, let´s go to more strange parts:

STEPHENS transformers. Got six. 3x model 604D, 2x model 604C and 1x model 604E. Nice size and Height. octal plug-in units. I think it comes from old STEPHENS tape recorders. Here´s the scan:

stephens_trafo.jpg

Any info?

STEPHENS transformers. Got six. 3x model 604D, 2x model 604C and 1x model 604E. Nice size and Height. octal plug-in units. I think it comes from old STEPHENS tape recorders.

Rafael,

Are you sure they're transformers? I think Stephens used to use round plug-in opamps. Maybe those are the opamps.

:guinness: :sam:

They measure as transformers for DC resistance. I don´t think there is a chance of this being opamps. There is a low resistance winding with four pins all connected together and a higher resistance winding with just two pins. So I´m thinking about something like 50/200/600 primary and a HiZ secondary...

Back