Switching from low to high voltage logic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saint gillis

I'm trying to convert a 0-5V signal to 0-12V .

- The 0-5V is a 33KHz PWM coming out from an MCU
- I want to control a 4066 switch with it

I tried to use a 40106 to convert it from 5 to 12V. But, maybe because of the speed , 5V is below the 40106 threshold, so it didn't work..
Then I tried to amplify it with fets or bipolar transistors, the speed was satisfying only when a lot of current goes through the transistor..
The best solution I found was to use an fast op amp (lm833, there are faster chips, I'll try them too), but it's still not perfectly following the signal.

Let's say I want my pwm to have a 1% resolution, it's still 0,3µs, so it's quite speed...

Any solutions, ideas?

Forgot to say that something that almost worked was to decouple the pulse with a capacitor and put a 4 or 5V offset at the input of the 40106.
Only problem is that when the duty cycle is 100%, the capacitor decoupling removes any DC, so 100% becomes equal to 0% ..

I've unsuccessfully tried several jellybean comparators, I had the best results when drawing a lot of current with their output transistor, it was still not great. I have the feeling that this CD4504B should do the job for a cheap price..

Latest posts

Back