t. bone SC1100 aka Feilo Z3300 modding, anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaterguy

Hi, recently purchased a second-hand t. bone mic and for the money it's damned good. Now I'm comparing to NT1000 and 414EB.
However I noticed it needs several minutes to warm-up after applying phantom voltage. Otherwise it cuts itself off for few seconds if spoken into very close or loud.
Bad FET or just a feature?
Has anyone modded those, apart from changing the capsule?

Here's an old post I found....  tube warm-up ???  a lot can happen in 30 minutes.

The warm up period is for the tubes to get up to operating temperature. The sound "can" subtley change as tube warms up. I usually let my tube gear warm up for at least 15 min and usually 30 min before using it. Generally that means power it up first and by the time everything thing else is up and I am ready 30 min have passed.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/161003-tube-mic-warm-up.html

However I noticed it needs several minutes to warm-up after applying phantom voltage. Otherwise it cuts itself off for few seconds if spoken into very close or loud. Bad FET or just a feature?

Mr. @theaterguy - did you ever figure this one out? I have a couple of microphones that have done that - sometimes intermittently - and I have a cheap mixer that takes noticeable time to power condenser capsules before it is stable enough to use. No big deal, but it sorta almost mirrors your question. Happy trails. James

Back