T.bone SCT700 OR SCT800 shockmount thread size

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khron

I have neither of these two mics, but it would be helpful to know what thread diameter (and perhaps also pitch) these use, to screw into the shockmount.

Reason being i'd need a shockmount for a Chinese mic body, and finding one of the "outside grip" kinds of the appropriate size is proving tricky.

I just measured the hole the mic screws into on the T-bone shockmount ,
24.95mm
I dont have a gauge to measure the pitch of the threads properly , a guess by eye would be around .75mm

Thanks for that! So the male thread on the mic's "xlr-neck" would be some 26-27mm then.

Which shockmount is this though, by the way? I know the SCT2000 one is too big (but i'll have to triple-check when i get back home from work).

Thanks for that! So the male thread on the mic's "xlr-neck" would be some 26-27mm then.

Which shockmount is this though, by the way? I know the SCT2000 one is too big (but i'll have to triple-check when i get back home from work).
« male thread on the mic's "xlr-neck" »
Is this what you are talking about?

On thé SCT-800, I read 21.5 mm.
The lower part (outside xlr) 20mm.

Best.
M

Attachments

• 241AEA9B-AC16-4DBB-88FA-27BE771F9BDD.jpeg
    241AEA9B-AC16-4DBB-88FA-27BE771F9BDD.jpeg
    547.9 KB · Views: 0
« male thread on the mic's "xlr-neck" »
Is this what you are talking about?

On thé SCT-800, I read 21.5 mm.
The lower part (outside xlr) 20mm.

Best.
M

I'm measuring closer to 22mm, or rather ~21.8mm outside diameter of the male threads, and pitch seems to be 0.75mm.

Unthreaded bit at the end is also 20mm though. SCT2000's thread is 24mm - i just remembered it was definitely too big.

Its the SCT-700 I took the measurements from , the xlr barrel is fully threaded all the way down ,
It was the inside diameter of the thread on the shockmount I gave , its the same as the SCT2000 in any case ,
1690828017354.png

Well, thanks both of you for the information - guess i'll take a chance on the SCT800 shockmount and hope for the best. At least it's not too pricey anyway...

I got my SCT700 second hand a while back ,
I found the shockmount elastics were a bit slack ,
by doubling up the elastic on the hooks all the way round the sub frame it gives it much better tension and stops the mic hitting outer frame when placed at any angle other than vertical .

The SCT2000 being an even larger and heavier mic suffers the same problem Id say .

Thanks for the tip! I haven't yet used mine "in anger" (i have several, bought them used cheap, to use as donors), but gonna have to keep than in mind...

I took a dislike to the tacky tube microphone thing printed around lower end of the headbasket ,
I gave it a gentle rub with silver polish(wadding) , to my surprise the bead blasted matt finish takes on a very nice lustre , didint require all that much elbow grease either .
Brasso is also usefull where theres worse corrosion involved , its a bit more abbrasive than the Silvo
1690832338104.png

Well, thanks both of you for the information - guess i'll take a chance on the SCT800 shockmount and hope for the best. At least it's not too pricey anyway...

Thanks again for the measurements & confirmations, people - i grabbed that SCT800 shockmount and the thread fits just fine! 😁

Latest posts

Back