T4 B.S.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

from U.A.'s website

smells like bull shit to me

"Like the original T4, the current T4's "active ingredients" are an electro-luminescent panel and custom-made cadmium-sulfide photo resistors. These photo resistors don't respond like the typical "cad" cells used in other el-op compressors. We spent a long time getting this right for the reissue. It involved locating the special equipment originally used to manufacture these back in the '60s, retraining and re-qualifying the manufacturer, and working with both modern device physicists and people who developed the originals. UA was actually able to track down some of the old-timers who worked with UA back in the day and talk to them directly about what they remembered regarding the manufacturing process."

they use the same NSI's as anyone else...

UA was actually able to track down some of the old-timers who worked with UA back in the day and talk to them directly about what they remembered regarding the manufacturing process

guys who have been in the fumes from back then can't recall anything, so whatever they told em must have been very ... well, you know :green:
I was born back then and my memory is already dust, go figure...

That's a pretty good piece of marketing. CdS is CdS. I bought a UA re-issue when I reversed that thing and compared the daylights out of it wht the NSL cells. I could not see/hear/smell a dang bit of difference.
cj

same here...

I have 3 UA reissues sitting on my desk.. and in most cases the DIY T4's are out performing the reissues

Speaking of..... does anybody have a couple of the EL panels that I could buy? I've got everything else to make a couple of T4B's for my LA-2A clones, but no EL panels.

Please PM me if you have a couple you'd sell.

Thanks so much!

:thumb:

JC

Latest posts

Back