• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Tascam 244 Input Strips

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahib

This is a channel strip from a Tascam 244 multitrack cassette recorder that I had parted out some years back.

As an experiment I have cut out the Mic-Pre and EQ section and it fits into 500 module perfectly. I have prepared the attached as a project info with the schematics. I have cleaned up and re-annotated the schematic. I have also attached the full strip schematic.

Number of sellers in the WM supply blank 500 metalwork and edge connector adapter card. So, it would make a little 500 project.

Micpre has just over 50dB gain. The frequency response is about 2Hz to 30kHz.

The EQ is two band, 62Hz - 1.5kHz and 1kHz - 8kHz with 15dB cut/boost.

The 3 way source select switch normally selects between tape and mic but since there is no tape input anymore, it can be used for EQ in/out. I have shown the pin configuration of the switch. All it requires is cutting the tracks and hard wiring it. However, once the PB is rimmed, there will still be the second 2 way switch left over which could be used for another task (pad, phantom?).

Input and output are unbalanced but converting both to balanced is a simple task using transformers. However, since there is also the eq, a separate line output stage would be required. This again is a simple task.

The circuit normally operated by + -12V but I tested it at + -16V and works fine. However, better to replace the two power rail decoupling caps with 25V rated ones as they are currently rated at 16V. I have again marked that on the schematic.

I have four strips (one cut out) available. GBP 25.00 each plus shipping and paypal.

Attachments

• Tascam_244_Input_1.jpg
    Tascam_244_Input_1.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 244_input_full_schem.jpg
    244_input_full_schem.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back