TC Electronic M2000 battery info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommypiper

Hi guys.  My M2000 has a dead battery.  The user manual says nothing about it.  Typical TC    :mad:

I popped the lid, there is a thin cylindrical battery with orange rim standing vertically between two contacts, but it seems fixed.  I can't get it to budge without placing lots of torque on the contact's connection to the PCB which could damage things… 

Anyone have a service manual?

EDIT: Just found a sticker inside the case: Lithium battery: must be replaced by qualified service repairman per service manual.

Appears to be soldered to the PCB.  I need the service manual!

thanks!

Good luck with that manual! TC don't give out schematics.
The battery is soldered onto the board, but is replaceable. Companies like RS Components, Farnell (Element14) and Mouser sell suitable products.
Use a good solder sucker to remove from the double sided board.

You should be able to tell from the original battery what type it is. It is common for the backup battery to not be a rechargeable. Also measure the voltage across the battery when off, and then again when on. If there is no increase when on, it would indicate no charging circuit. Also look for the charging circuit, normally something like a series diode and resistor.

Thanks again.  It's a 3v lithium type of some kind.  It shows .3v when off, .6v when on. 

Seems it's not chargeable. 

EDIT: Pulled it out.  It appears to be a Li-MnO2 ("CR") 3v battery, based on its markings. 

I will post the replacement part # here for future reference for others when I get it...

Latest posts

Back