the Abbey Road XLR, paper weight

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THey have all sorts of merchandise these days. My daughter bought me an Abbey Road notebook and pencil case (with Abbey Road pencils in it) one Christmas.

I think it is very unprofessional.

Cheers

Ian

I’m just thinking  of the number of xlr’s from old studios I either swapped out or decommissioned that ended up in the rubbish bin. Could have made a fortune if I sold them at this price and design.

abbey road d enfer said:
A reliable source* told me next in line is Abbey road toilet paper. They would have launched it earlier but couldn't, due to shortage.

* my backside

LOL

I've shortened Pucho's link. We don't need FB tracking, do we?

https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/introducing-the-abbey-road-studios-limited-edition-xlr-connector-paperweight-2959

abbey road d enfer said:
A reliable source* told me next in line is Abbey road toilet paper. They would have launched it earlier but couldn't, due to shortage.
I understand they already sold all the old toilet seats and cistern handles.

Cheers

Ian

No accounting for good taste in the world of merchandising , even the King himself has personalised toilet roll  now.

The Beatles Abbey road session notes is a great book to have around  , Im not sure if Pink Floyd documented their sessions to the same degree or not  , more of that sort of stuff would be better than all the tatty desktop ornaments.

Always a good plan to ditch the hash codes generated by youtube , ebay  or other datagators , takes only a second or two to verify the shortened link still works .

Attachments

• The Kings roll.jpg
    The Kings roll.jpg
    16.7 KB
This seems like nickel and dime money.  It's really not a lot (£150 X 46, less whatever costs in making 'em) for a studio/entity of that calibre.  I don't really understand the incentive.

I'm OK with the pencil case type thing myself, standard souvenir stuff.  I took my niece and her friend for a tour about 15 years ago and Lester gave the girls a few things which was nice.

abbey road d enfer said:

* my backside

LOL who knows if they'll put Nile Rodgers face on it  ;D ;D ;D

Winston O'Boogie said:
This seems like nickel and dime money.  It's really not a lot (£150 X 46, less whatever costs in making 'em) for a studio/entity of that calibre.  I don't really understand the incentive.

Gotta keep the interns busy!?  ;D

..obviously someone not knowing this business is getting busy cashing in on perceived historic value.. As my boys would put it: "..cringe.."

/Jakob E.

Finally the break I've been looking for. If I buy a couple of these, smash them out of the resin and incorporate them into my stereo bus, then I'll finally be able to sound like the Beatles. I'm a bit worried that some of the electrons might be worn out though.

Latest posts

Back