Hi there

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a couple of my nice and respectfully answered question I thought I should introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Torben, I am 40 years old and have my base in Berlin, Germany. I am (still 😆) considering myself primary a live- and studio engineer and work a lot with TV- and music shows, rock- and metalbands and so on. I've done dual studies/ an apprenticeship (a bit difficult to translate from German) in electronics at e.on(energy company) from 2000 - 2004. Never really worked in that field again though, because I became an office/IT cowboy soon after and "enjoyed" a good salary more than a passionate job. I have quit that shit in 2018, "studied" the surface of sound engineering and music production at Abbey Road Institute in Berlin, graduated in 2019 and became a freelance greenhorn. I always played in bands and had pretty good connections, so I soon found work, but then BOOM - Covid hit. From a Consultant/Project Manager, over student to unemployed and broke :LOL: in less than two years.

Soon after the lockdowns started I ordered my 1st Pultec 500kit from Sound Sculpture and successfully finished it - exciting! I asked friends for broken guitar amps and fixed them- exciting too! The gratefulness of the owners over their fixed treasures is so rewarding. It never gets old. Soon I realized how valueable my rusty knowledge and shaky skillz actually are and dove deeper into it. It was Covid, there was a lot of time. It actually saved my ass during the pandemic in so many ways. And even though my main goal was recording and mixing I never stopped fixing and my repairs became bigger and more complex. Just opened another rabbit hole by starting mods & my own designs.

I appreciate places like this forum or good youtube content enourmously and hope I can give something back at some point. This part of my job became such a joy and balance keeper and I can finally listen to music at work again, haha.

Hope to meet you all in real life! Hit me up if you are in Berlin or Stockholm.

This is me looking at a motorcycle carburetor, hehe

best,
Torben

torbenutecht.com

Attachments

• fbbec6eb-18bb-47dc-993b-50908fe2c052.JPG
    fbbec6eb-18bb-47dc-993b-50908fe2c052.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back