Tom Petty RIP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is his death actually confirmed? I am seeing conflicting reports on this side of the pond. This is not right - he is EXACTLY my age.

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Is his death actually confirmed? I am seeing conflicting reports on this side of the pond. This is not right - he is EXACTLY my age.

Ian

Well the local bobbies(LAPD) released a tweet saying they could not confirm his death, then followed it with a we are not investigating it with an apology for any confusion this is causing.

God I hope he can make it.  Says he's fighting for his life.  All the net was full of death reports when I posted this .  I got to work with the Heartbreakers back in the 80s.  I loved the way they worked. It was really the way they played and performed .  We must of recorded 12 songs in two days.  Had a blast .  I hope he makes it.  Great guy.  At least that was my experience.

the outlook at the moment is not looking good but he is not dead so hopefully his condition improves.

Edit with sadness his death has been confirmed. Another off to the great gig in the sky.

ruffrecords said:

Ian

yep, saw the official post from his family on his Twitter account.

Latest posts

Back