Tonelux update

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome again. I'm a beginner and I'm constantly amazed at how generous people are around here. With what you've said already I suspect you have a similar trait. Hope you get time to come back .....

Hey Paul,

Great to have you on the forum, I don't know why but I expected you to be producing "clones" of the API stuff... refreshing to see that you aren't. Can't wait to hear your stuff, I'm in Australia though, so it might take a while!!

Justin.

Good luck with the new company Paul, I'm really looking forward to checking these out. It's always nice to see new stuff from established names.

Also:

Check this out: http://www.tonelux.com/PT.jpg I think this might be the first DAW.

I can see where they were going with that, but what the hell is up with the steering wheel?

Zach

Check this out: http://www.tonelux.com/PT.jpg I think this might be the first DAW.

I think that was the beta version of the first Dickidizone workstation. :grin:

chrissugar

[quote author="SPG"]I can see where they were going with that, but what the hell is up with the steering wheel?[/quote]Its an early version of the track-ball. :razz:

This is actually a photo-chopped version of a submarine exhibit, IIRC. The fellow standing there looks exactly like my high school wood-shop teacher, Mr. Cook! Freakin' hilarious!

[quote author="chrissugar"]

I think that was the beta version of the first Dickidizone workstation. :grin:

chrissugar[/quote]

I'm looking for a driver for that steering wheel. Talk about vapor ware. Anyone at that exhibit that bought into that must have been an idiot. God, I just can't get past the sterring wheel.

Cloning: I made sure there was nothing similar. Black knobs with a brass insert, light green panels, 1" wide, 16 to a rack, 2 new op-amps, a new output transformer, new input transformer, different mute circuit, fader access, gyrator parametric instead of the state variable, round op-amp instead of square, bla bla bla...

[quote author="tonelux"]round op-amp instead of square[/quote] Well that obviously makes it different from anything on the market. :green: (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

I personally know another guy like Mr. Wolff (in a different industry) who has been with several companies doing the same basic thing, but each time he is able to do his thing a bit differently. I think constant reinvention such as this breeds innovation and keeps products and technology out of a rut.

While we wouldn't ever clone these products, we do have some neat ideas to try out with some of the other projects going on here. Thanks for the "food for thought"!

I have to certainly give a big shout out when someone talks about and attempts to sell their products based on real science rather than a bunch of obvious marketing blah blah based on physics in another solar system.

Peace!
Charlie

when do ther daw plug in's come out. :green: Sorry I couldn't help it.

The wheel is how you power the thing. it's like cranking a genarator to get it started. either that or I am thinking it's the bridge on the love boat and that is a tour at some hollyweird museum.

Cloning: I made sure there was nothing similar. bla bla bla...
Simulating the open loop gain of the 1731 gave about 85dB @ DC, which made me think of... but hey, that was the 1731 and the sim could be totally off. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
BTW, I like your logo & T-shirt.

[quote author="clintrubber"]
Cloning: I made sure there was nothing similar. bla bla bla...
Simulating the open loop gain of the 1731 gave about 85dB @ DC, which made me think of... but hey, that was the 1731 and the sim could be totally off. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
BTW, I like your logo & T-shirt.[/quote]

One interesting thing about my amp is that asde from the current source on the input difs, there are only 6 transistors. Most others either have way more gain, or less gain but more stages. I found with less stages came less internal compensation, came more stability.

It is not unity gain stable, which I don't care because I always am taking some gain, and because of that, the whole design isn't based around unity, so there is only one internal compensation cap, and you can run it from 2 dB to 50 dB of gain with NO external compensation cap. It will actualy run at unity as long as you use a resistor from out to -in instead of direct connect.

Sweet. Too many times designers try to make an op-amp to compete instead of for a specific use. Don't design around unusable or unrequired specs and you would be surprized...

Latest posts

Back