Transformer recommendation for Ibanez AD202 delay input?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JW

Hi

I have a delay unit I want to feed directly from my DA converters (converters are IZ Radar, balanced, about 50 ohm output) .The delay is the Ibanez AD202, unbalanced input. The converters are like 70ft away, so am wondering what a good isolation transformer might be for the input to the delay.
Doesn't have to be Jensen . . but fairly transparent hopefully. The schematic for the delay input is attached. I like the channel 2 "line" input.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-21 at 7.21.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-21 at 7.21.35 AM.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
There are any number of good transformers at various price points. Your questions is like asking us what kind of car you should buy. We are not mind readers. You need to decide what is important to you. We cant tell you that, only you know the answer.

I guess more specifically, 600:600 ohm, 10K:10K? Shielded transformer necessary? I suppose something like a Jensen JT-11p-1 or maybe I can get away with 1:2?

Input is terminated in 5.1K, so you would have to change that to use a 10K bridging tranny. Jensen is overkill for this unit. Sheilding is good, 1:1 is good.

Back