Tube power transformer heater voltage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruffrecords said:
Most common use these days seems to be to limit in-rush current in SMPS.

Cheers

Ian
Certainly, but these 0.5 ohm models seem to be optimized for 20+ amps, which suggests 2+kW applications, which is not computers or smartphones! That would be perfectly adequate for high power amps (those that are capable of delivering in excess of 20kW when connected to a 3.5kW outlet!); I would have thought it's not a big enough market. Litt mentions using them for soft-start of motors.

abbey road d enfer said:
Certainly, but these 0.5 ohm models seem to be optimized for 20+ amps, which suggests 2+kW applications, which is not computers or smartphones! That would be perfectly adequate for high power amps (those that are capable of delivering in excess of 20kW when connected to a 3.5kW outlet!); I would have thought it's not a big enough market. Litt mentions using them for soft-start of motors.

To be honest I don't know enough about either application to comment. I mentioned SMPS simply because the data sheet for one of the 0.5 ohm ones listed it as a suitable application.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back