U47 Rails

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraFra

Hi,
there is someone who has one long body U47 Original to take measures? I'm trying to build a clone and not been able to find around there the measurements of the three internal rails.

Fra

I have already read it, but unfortunately nothing about the rails, hoping for someone who can help me out.

As I see, no one can take all the measures, let's see if that is easier. I made two graphical models of the measures that I need, those between the black lines, if someone is sure to have any of the original measures can make me know, at least I try to go one step further.
50392-251012082254.jpeg

50392-251012082209.jpeg

Best,
Fra

I think skylars body is an exact dimensional replica??, It would be logical to assume that adding a 3rd rail, and splitting the radius into 3rds, would accomplish your objective..no? Just a suggestion. Good luck

Skylar body it's not an exact replica, some measures are different from the original, and since I've made bottom bell and top plate with original measures I need the measures of the rails for having the metal works complete. I was thinking to find here some help watching the skylar body's thread, but probably the two users that give him measures didn't write anymore here.  :'(

Fra

tonycamp said:
..It would be logical to assume that adding a 3rd rail, and splitting the radius into 3rds, would accomplish your objective..no?

I believe they're not split even but make a flat triangle. (?)

Latest posts

Back