U87 clone PCBs for the UK - best option?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horizoneer

Hello, this is my first thread, hopefully it's not a silly question.

I'm planning to build a couple of U87s. I've got some hopefully appropriate donor bodies in the form of a couple of ADK mics, and I've just ordered two K87 capsules from this township's own @soliloqueen which I'm excited about. I was planning to get the PCBs from Vintagemicrophonepcbkit , which seems also linked to this forum but I'm not sure of the details having only just arrived, but I wanted to ask if anyone can reassure me that this site is still going, in stock and can post to the UK, or suggest alternatives if not.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

Poctop is still in business and posts here regularly. If you're building u87s, Make sure to check continuity between the two backplates with a multimeter. If you probe the two back plates, the alarm should not sound. If it does, let me know and I'll send you a new one. This is one of those things that people who do this all the time do out of habit but can screw you up if you're new

Brilliant, thanks. Yep, I'll check continuity when they arrive. Actually, I really need to get a better DMM - mine's alright, but down in the ohm range it's all over the place, and the capacitance measurements are definitely off.

Brilliant, thanks. Yep, I'll check continuity when they arrive. Actually, I really need to get a better DMM - mine's alright, but down in the ohm range it's all over the place, and the capacitance measurements are definitely off.
depending on the ranges you need, there are some open source projects that might help, like the transistor tester project
This:
https://www.amazon.com/Transistor-D...nsistor+tester,aps,130&sr=8-4#customerReviewsIs an inexpensive Chinese implementation of an open source transistor tester design, and I find it's pretty useful for part sorting of this kind

Latest posts

Back