United Mex-American States?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oyes, I don’t see no problema here
Not a problem dear pucho! I just have never seen it before.

However, let me tell you, it is illegal in Mexico to alter in any way the flag, the coat of arms or the anthem, its even illegal to wear a T-shirt with the mexican flag or anything like that, the only legal thing is to have a flag, that is why not even the mexican soccer team has the flag in their uniform. Its not like the US that you can basically do whatever you want with the flag, hats, beer, etc...

Using the coat of arms (the eagle) in a sticker or ensign is AFAIK only legal for those who work in the goverment or police.

When I was doing my military service back in the early 2000s, one guy who played the trumpet was fooling around and started playing the anthem in minor key (rather than the original major key) he was thrown into military jail for a week.

I've never seen the police stopping people for misusing the flag, but in any public appearance an artist could be fined if he or she makes any arrangements to the anthem or the lyrics, someone like Jimmy Hendrix in Woodstock jamming with the anthem would've been thrown in jail here for a long time, in fact, even someone like Mariah Carey making some vocal arrangements to the anthem would be fined here...

Some boxers who wear their shorts with the national flag (the green white and red is not illegal, but if it includes the eagle it is illegal) have been fined.

While disrespecting the American flag is irritating to many who love this country, it is protected speech. Some enemies try to out do each other to disrespect America, burning American flags etc. Ironically burning is the proper way to dispose of a damaged flag.

I recall Iran painting an American flag on a city roadway, so citizens would stand/walk on that flag (the bottom of a shoe is considered a high insult there).

JR

While disrespecting the American flag is irritating to many who love this country, it is protected speech. Some enemies try to out do each other to disrespect America, burning American flags etc. Ironically burning is the proper way to dispose of a damaged flag.

I recall Iran painting an American flag on a city roadway, so citizens would stand/walk on that flag (the bottom of a shoe is considered a high insult there).

JR

Well, that particular ad I posted I don't think its offensive or disrespective, I did some research, apparently it is called the USA Mexico Friendship banner, I clicked on the ad, it is an ad for eBay, you might not know this but there is a shipping program from eBay for Mexico in which shipping is very cheap and fast, so the flag is more marketing hype promoting mexicans to buy on eBay.

I did not say it was disrespectful... I was attempting to share about general flag culture.

JR
Yes, I think nobody likes when someone burns or disrespects their flag, to be honest I haven't seen people burning mexican flags, but I've seen a lot of people burning american flags, even if I am not from the US it bothers me....

Latest posts

Back