Unsafe lab practices seem to continue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyrano

A hidden lab was found in Reedley, because of an illegally attached garden hose...

https://sjvsun.com/news/fresno/secr...edley-containing-bioengineered-covid-19-mice/
The lab seems to be equipped to manufacture covid- and pregnancy-tests. That's why it had almost a thousand mice, infected with covid on it's premises. The story leaves me with the idea there were hardly any staff present. Seems a bit of a health risk...

Yes that secret bio lab finally blew up in the 24 hr news cycle last week. Looks like it was discovered months ago and already cleaned(?) but finding the owners is a little dodgy.

www said:
Local and federal authorities spent months investigating a warehouse in Fresno County, California, that they suspect was home to an illegal, unlicensed laboratory full of lab mice, medical waste and hazardous materials.
===
"The other addresses provided for identified authorized agents were either empty offices or addresses in China that could not be verified," court documents said.
CDC detects coronavirus, HIV, hepatitis and herpes at unlicensed California lab

It looks like another case of Chinese playing fast and loose with human safety.

JR

I'm more concerned about subterfuge here at home.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." --Sun Tzu
I have read "the art of war" several times. I do not recall that exact quote, but it is in the spirit of Sun Tzu's teachings.

What's Chinese about this lab?
The ownership...

JR

The ownership...

It isn't, afaict. The CEO has a Chinese name, but that doesn't say much. And the company that used to run this lab till they went under, Universal Meditech, was from India. I couldn't find anything about the owners of Prestige Biotech. It's a US company, in any case.

The press has taken the "Chinese" from one GOP site and runs with it.

It isn't, afaict. The CEO has a Chinese name, but that doesn't say much. And the company that used to run this lab till they went under, Universal Meditech, was from India. I couldn't find anything about the owners of Prestige Biotech. It's a US company, in any case.

WWW said:
"The other addresses provided for identified authorized agents were either empty offices or addresses in China that could not be verified," court documents said."

Walks and quacks like a chinese duck...

JR

The story checks out: look who was seen at the lab on his lunch break!

im-166456

Try harder.

https://sjvsun.com/news/fresno/what...out-prestige-biotech-top-official-speaks-out/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...l-lab-california-infectious-mice/70502532007/
Just because it operated under a NV license (with bogus addresses) does not make it a US company.

So they develop bio-engineered mice, designed to carry and spread covid and other nasties. Release them into the wild and you have a new type of chemical warfare.

There can be other scenarios, but these would all depend on the possibility that, prior to filing for bankruptcy, Universal Meditech was dealing with mice under licence. In which case one scenario would be that when it went bust Prestige Biotech took over as they were the main creditors and continued with the work. The whole story came about and the clever the right wing is trying to pin it on the Chinese. Plausible. But what about the licence? If the licence was automatically rescinded after filing for bankruptcy, which absolutely would as now the company is dissolved, then Prestige Biotech was operating without a licence and illegally anyway.

So, no matter what angle you look at this from, and I consider myself neither a right wing nor left, I have to agree with John that the whole thing to me walks and quacks like a Chinese duck.

"The other addresses provided for identified authorized agents were either empty offices or addresses in China that could not be verified," court documents said."

You should do an exact search for that string. Might be revealing.

Back