UREI power transformer specs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Rewinding a 1176 pwr xfmr rev g, I have the secondary turns count, but the primaries were so baked that I could not count the turns,

Does anybody know what the secondary voltage of the transformer is in AC volts?
It has a center tapped secondary,

Thanks for any help!

cj

Thanks! Looks like 30 to 35 vac ought to do it

We have 336 turns of #30 times 2 on an EI 75, so about 1250 turns of #36 on each primary should do the trick.

Simulation shows that the rectified voltage should not fall below 45V, which suggests nominal 32Vac minimum.
Interesting. I installed 2x25V torroids in lot of 1176 clones, and power supplies worked just fine. Have you maybe taken into account the voltage regulation of a small EI transformer when you got a 32V minimum?

Interesting. I installed 2x25V torroids in lot of 1176 clones, and power supplies worked just fine. Have you maybe taken into account the voltage regulation of a small EI transformer when you got a 32V minimum?
As I said, it suggests. According to the schemo, the circuit draws 50mA on the positive rail, so with the 250r resistor it creates a voltage drop of 12.5V. Accounting for 10mA into the zener, the voltage drop is 15V, which results in 45V for the rectified voltage.
Now it is quite likely that the 50mA indication is just a shot in the dark.
As usual, garbage in-garbage out.

I get it now. Your suggestion is perfectly valid for a power supply consisting of a 250ohm resistor and a zener diode for a nominal current of 50mA. This type of power supply is used in A and B versions. But CJ asked help for the transformer in the G version, which uses 7824 reg like most clones.

I get it now. Your suggestion is perfectly valid for a power supply consisting of a 250ohm resistor and a zener diode for a nominal current of 50mA. This type of power supply is used in A and B versions. But CJ asked help for the transformer in the G version, which uses 7824 reg like most clones.
The closest version I had was "F".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back