Ursa Major Stargate 323 PlugIn

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@krabbencutter Did you have any success in fixing the issue with Reaper? I'd love to try out the plugin but am afraid of the massive bursts of noise. 😬
I'm looking into it and will hopefully have a fix before the end of the year (my Code isn't too complex, but debugging with Reaper will take a bit more work). In the meantime, like JMan suggested, Reaper's automute will protect your ears and playback devices. You can check the setting in Preferences > Audio > Mute/Solo

Works well with Cubase 12 win 10 pro. Integrates very nicely with the source. Stepping away from a 1:1 emulation of the original, a longer decay would be nice, I believe.

Works well with Cubase 12 win 10 pro. Integrates very nicely with the source. Stepping away from a 1:1 emulation of the original, a longer decay would be nice, I believe.
Good idea, but unfortunately it's not a trivial task. The actual decay & gain values of the feedback signal are still a black box to me. I hope to eventually decode all the parameters but this is going to require a lot of additional time & work. As a mid-term solution I could try to maybe integrate the data from the Stargate 626, which was basically a 323 with twice the memory.

I also need to mention that the inherent predelay & maximum decay time vary with each reverb program. So "Plate 1" has the shortest pre-delay and decay while "Canyon" can go up to 10s of decay time (see attached image).

Attachments

• stargate_table.png
    stargate_table.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
Will there be a Mac AU version of this?
I'm using Logic Pro (on MacOS 10.13 High Sierra) and can't ue neither the CLAP or VST3 versions of this plugin) :(

Curious about your thoughts on CLAP as a framework (say vs JUCE) for ease of development. I might need to do some simple things wit it one day.

I'm actually using the unofficial CLAP exporter for JUCE, so I haven't really worked with CLAP directly. My JUCE project is pretty simple and I'm also using CMAKE, which made the integration of the CLAP libraries pretty straightforward.

I also need to mention that the inherent predelay & maximum decay time vary with each reverb program. So "Plate 1" has the shortest pre-delay and decay while "Canyon" can go up to 10s of decay time (see attached image).

Moore used to really optimise each effect. If you check the KDFX docs for the K2500, it is the same there: each Reverb is really optimised to sound the best way possible, and within each Reverb, each Reverb Type, as in 'Room1', 'Room2', 'Hall1', etc... comes with several settings already preset and optimised this way,

Latest posts

Back