UTC SAT-200 Transformer Info ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, you don´t need datasheet. It´s right in there... 30Hz - 30KHz. It doesn´t specify the tolerance, but should be +-1dB. Nice frequency response. Would make a good line input or a line output, if you do not need HOT output... Maybe an active discreet DI box output transformer...

I just finished a buildup of a certain special FET-input DI box using a UTC A-22. I used it as 500 Ohm input/150 Ohm output. You could use this trafo pretty much the same way.

I subbed 2SK30GR for the FET actually.

I haven't actually listened to it yet, but while measuring Freq response, I found that I needed to increase the output cap from 10uF to 220uF in order to shift a self-resonance of the trafo below 20Hz. Kinda weird methinks.

HTH!
Charlie

Hey Charlie,do you have a schem/PCB of that build.I Have a couple of UTC TRW trafos with that 500/150 ohms taps that I want to use on something.
Thanks
Aharon

Yes, it would be great. I also have some UTC´s with the same specs that are a little weak for "professional" line output, like 10-15dBm max...

Here it was/is...
I tried it out tonight for a bit with my geetar. Sounds pretty neutral and about the same gain as compared to a Whirlwind Hotbox on the "pickup" setting. I'll try to post a pic of the ugly thang. I did use 2x 9V batteries also. I left off the "Spkr" switch in favor of a "ground lift" instead.

Peace!
Charlie

Latest posts

Back