vacuum tube freak

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetbaboo1

I am 84 years young. I am retired from being self-employed as a repairer and builder of church and home organs. I mostly repaired and voiced electronic organs, Allen, Rodgers, Johannus, and the like. I have built several pipe organs and done maintenance and tuning on them. I work part time for an electronics surplus store here near Hillsboro and do repair on some of the older instruments that come in. I am particularly partial to Tektronix and Hewlett-Packard tube equipment. I have a stock of 3,500 tubes in my garage. I am strictly "low-tech," that is, I don't work on surface-mount boards and I hate working on switching power supplies (too many hidden dangers there).
I've been a church organist for 65-plus years and have a degree in music from University of Oregon, with a minor in organ performance. I worked for 12 years as Tonal Director of the Rodgers Organ Company, did a lot of international travel, and helped design a huge Rodgers Organ that we installed in New York's Carnegie Hall.
That's enough, before I get a swelled head !

Jason Neumann-Grable

Back