VF14 tube will be produced again!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now now it is not April 1, there is a group in Chicago tooling up to remake VF14 steel tubes! I hope to have prototypes soon!
I hope it will happen, but I remain skeptical. In the past, something like this was announced more often but rarely realized. I know of only two companies that were able to do this successfully. Both are producing power tubes for high dollar hifi amps. This niche is definitely bigger.

Keep us posted.👍

Why ouch?

The Reichspalast in Berlin does not exist, AFAIK.
I made it up on May 1. to have a quite German-sounding place for the press conference. It should underline the importance of the message, but it is, like the rest, pure fiction.

Last edited:
well , ( actually only a strange feeling in the guts ) considering history and timeframe we‘re talking about , and additionally recent rightwing politics etcetc , your words made me shiver over history repeating itself

Hahaha ! Herr Gibtesnicht was my teacher at university, a very acknowledge person with great sense of humour ! He learned me how to wrap people with snake oil !

I havent taken a Vf-14 apart ,
Its fairly obvious to me the tube has a metal lid on a bakelite base ,
anyone have any pictures whats under the hood ?
You claim to be in the know JPO , for one if the tube was completely surrounded in metal how would the various electrodes have any insulation ?
My guess is theres a glass wired ended valve in there.
The only glass used in the VF14 is to insulate the leads from the metal housing. Copper wires go from the bakelite pins into the glass bead insulators and are welded to Molybdenum wires that come out of the glass beads and into the tube. A special grade of steel is used that has similar expansion/contraction rates as the glass, so the seal is well maintained. These tubes held their vacuums for decades which is a great achievement.

Back