video editting software freeware/shareware ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helterbelter

Hi,

I'm planning to make a short "tutorial" video, to show a few of my drumtechniques, for the readers of Sickdrummer magazine..... this will be posted on youtube, so, this doesn't have to be hi-res.

Initially, I wanted to borrow a camera with a stereo line input, and use a pair of PZM mics with micpres to capture the sound. Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on a camera that has a stereo line input, for some reason, consumer video cameras only have a built-in mic........
So, a friend suggested to record the audio with an audiorecorder, and edit the video over the audio. Probably a good idea, then I can also use a few cameras, mount 1 or 2 on the drumrack, and use another for close ups and such.

But.... I have never looked into video editting before.

So, I'm wondering, is there a freeware or shareware video editting program that you guys recommend ?

Thanks in advance !

Greetings,
Paul.

I went through this process not-so-long-ago, i found that Sony has a pretty good sub $50 package available. (that even took video from my iphone!)

Everythign below that was way too cludgy for me.

/r

I paid $75 for Sony Movie Studio: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MIMIY8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Came with a copy of Sound Forge for free too.

/R

Back