• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Vintech DUAL 72 with guts pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxivity

IMG_6159.JPG

These are fun, sound great to me but rack space is at a premium in my rustic cabin. They've got a mixed reputation online, upshot being they're line amps modified with a mic input which makes them NOT a Neve 1290, 1073 type of mic pre. OK. These are setup the same kinda the way Da◊ Al@xander or Bre^t Av@rill used to do it, back when the original cards were less valuable, except no instrument output for the DI. Why a line amp? I guess you don't need crazy gain for your mics most of the time and maybe they're cool on the tail end of a summing mix type situation, dunno. Vintech website says: "The Vintech Audio "Dual 72" is a two channel class A, all discrete, transformer balanced microphone preamplifier. It's circuitry is based on the discrete amplifier circuits found in the Neve 1272 module." So the website got me suspicious and then Box tried to warn me off of opening it:
IMG_6164.JPG

I took offense to the warning plus I wanted to see the transformers so I opened her on up, looks like the expected massive St Ives, Marinair, Carnhill type of deal, couldn't make out what they said but it made me feel pretty good about the transformers
IMG_6102.JPG

They sound great and appear great overall to me, so how about $850? Here's the rest of the pics:
IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6160.JPG

IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6166.JPG

Latest posts

Back