Vu Meter driver

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, well making some headway, a 21k resistor with a 9V battery (reads 9.45v unloaded) connected reads +1.5db on the scale on one VU meter, 18k is +5db, 31.8k is 0db.
I used a 200k trim pot which make it easier.

nice little way to work it out with battery and trim pot!
now i just need to know how to convert the 31.8k into uA? for what meter it is.

now when connecting through this cheap Vu meter driver when i test for AC volts on output and twiddle the trim i get from 0.03v to 0.09v so the circuit is working just hardy at all!!
so i'm assuming IC has blown or with battery connected not enough power.
will try more power, 15v i will start with.

no difference when putting 12v through this VU meter driver, 0.775v going in 0.05v out?
i have put in a IC socket now which i should have done in the first place.
seller has said that this circuit definitely does work? with this meter or any other i cant see it working as it doesn't do what its meant to and that it DRIVE the signal!!!
for testing am i right in thinking that i can use 5532, OPA2604 for replacement for TL071?

Just powered up this VU meter and i get signal through, i cant seem to get 0db withy 0.775v 1khz going in and adjusting the VU meter trim? i can get -1db if i set signal gen to full (1.2v) and set to 10k!!!?
gotta test the rest of the Neve pre amp now!

Back