Vu-Metr in tube preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimon

Hello!
I assembled a tube preamp using an Ecc82 tube. The sound is not bad, there is no noise or interference. I wanted to attach a pointer output meter to the output. I bought a driver board and an indicator. But when I connected the driver to the output, I got a decrease in the signal level and distortion. Please can anyone give me some advice on this topic. At the output there is an A262A2E transformer for going into balance. There is still a problem: you need to take a complete unbalanced signal to the input of the meter board.

Attachments

• sheme_tube.jpg
    sheme_tube.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • driver Vu.jpg
    driver Vu.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 0
  • Vumetr.jpg
    Vumetr.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Your mic preamp has a very high output impedance and very modest driver qualities. In addition, your VU meter driver PCB is probably intended for power amplifier outputs, i.e. very low-impedance outputs. You can see or hear the result now.

Have a look around here in the forum for VU meter driver solutions. There was a schematic from mnats on this topic.

PS: your output transformer doesn't fit to your output-topologie and tube...the circuit is also not a real mic preamp!

Your mic preamp has a very high output impedance and very modest driver qualities. In addition, your VU meter driver PCB is probably intended for power amplifier outputs, i.e. very low-impedance outputs. You can see or hear the result now.

Have a look around here in the forum for VU meter driver solutions. There was a schematic from mnats on this topic.

PS: your output transformer doesn't fit to your output-topologie and tube...
Thanks a lot

Back