What is a V72r?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of this one. Do you mean the V72t? This is a Transistor version. Infos are over here (scroll down to Braunbuchbeschreibungen):
http://www.irt.de/IRT/home/indexpublik.htm
:guinness:

No, I really mean V72r.
Obviously gotta be something pretty unusual. It looks lika a normal V72 from outside, haven't compared the inside yet. It's definitely tube, looks like the usual 2 EF804S. The one I just looked at has a serial number in the 5000 range, but I wonder if they had seperate numbering for the 'r' version. If at least 5000 of these were made, someone should have heard of them before.

Michael

No, I really mean V72r.
Obviously gotta be something pretty unusual. It looks lika a normal V72 from outside, haven't compared the inside yet. It's definitely tube, looks like the usual 2 EF804S. The one I just looked at has a serial number in the 5000 range, but I wonder if they had seperate numbering for the 'r' version. If at least 5000 of these were made, someone should have heard of them before.

Michael

No, I really mean V72r.

Michael

Sorry, I keep having an error message that my message couldn't be posted. I didn't realize it was posted nevertheless

Same happened to me in the Varicom thread which now completely disappeared. Searchfunction can´t locate the thread :shock:

what´s goin´on???

Wow..someone else with a V72r, friend of mine bought one from Dave Marquette about 7 years ago. We never heard anything about its place in history, even Oliver never heard of one when I talked to him a few years back.
I believe they had the same tube compliment as the 72a, there wasnt EF804's in his. Many times I've checked the engraving to see if I was imagining the "r" but it really is. Maybe remotely controllable in some fashion?
Who knows...interesting though.

Cheers and great forum,

Dean

Remote in german is "Fern" so i dont think the r has something to do with "Fernbedinung" maybe "Rundfunk"? But i guess most of the normal V72s were also used in Broadcast so who knows...

Hi, I have the same question many years later.I hope someone can answer: Which version is the v72r?Rundfunk maybe? like a special made to order for the german broadcast or...I don´t know.Please help if someone has an answer.
I have a V72r in the 5000 serail number that i bought from h&e studiotechnik (I think the Vertigo guys...).It was sold to me as a normal v72 and it sounds like a normal v72 ( I did compare it witn an other ), but I cannot find any info about the "r".Thanks

Hi, I have the same question many years later.I hope someone can answer: Which version is the v72r?Rundfunk maybe? like a special made to order for the german broadcast or...
I don't think the r stands for Rundfunk (broadcast), since all V72 were more or less intended for radio and TV studio use.

Can you please show some photos from the outside and inside? I would be interested in that.

Latest posts

Back