What series of capasitors to use?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witwolf

I've been into electronic for almost 6 years now. I must say that I am more jacked up on the digital side of things. I've only been a sound engineer for 3 years now and are building my own gear now, thanks to matta! You go Matt!!!

I am currently busy building the green pre's and are just thinking a few things over. As I have heard, choosing the right capasitor apparently makes a difference in your bass content. The only thing on the specification of capacitors are the ripple current, indicated by a frequency and tempreture, and the impediance.

My dad is an electronic engineer, his spesiality more in ultrasonics, told me that the design makes more of a difference from the caps and less importand components. What do all of you have to say?

What cap would be a good one to use. At the moments I am using Rubycon YK caps, sort of their standard range.

Please point me in the right direction. :roll:

I will throw this one comment into the fray....select a capacitor rated at 105 degrees C. In theory, it will last a LOT longer than a cheaper 85C part for a given temperature environment.

Bri

Back