what the heck part is this?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hildy

Attachments

• IMG_1010 2.jpg
    IMG_1010 2.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 68
There are more of those in the Blofeld? Could measure with DMM. Won't tell you what it is but give a hint.

Markings difficult to see/read on image.

Top left reads "47/" ?
Top right "G" ?

(What does it connect to (do) on the board -- top side / underside?)

Aside:
The Blofeld is a digital synth and sort of a specc'ed down rehash of the Microwave. It sold astonishingly cheap. So no exotic parts, I'd assume, and PCBs most likely made in China .

Last edited:
hi - i'll shoot you the part when i get to the shop Monday - it's been a few months since the last one I've done and i don't remember the exact value before morning coffee, but that is a known issue on those and were spec'd incorrectly.

Thanks all for the replies. I'll use the info given here and keep looking around.

One note: it's one of the first few components right off of the power supply.
I'd say it's a safe bet it's a shottkey. (my original guess was a zener, but Shottkey is almost a sure bet.) I've noticed a lot of modern gear uses shottkeys in this way.

The funny thing is, the unit powers up just fine without it. But my concern was that if it were a zener, which might possibly be helping regulate a lower supply rail (like a 3v3 thing for some control aspect of the unit), then leaving it out of the circuit could be a no-no.

Back